Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Learning how to ink digitally

Continuing in my progress of learning Photoshop, I've finally busted through whatever barrier was holding me back and risked using the pen tool. And it's a wonderful tool! I think my trepidation was from reading that it's a tool that takes time to master, but indeed, I enjoy the organic looking lines that I achieved :)

Here's the before, with pencil lines:

 Here's the after, fully inked in photoshop:

The drawing was a quick sketch of a gown that I saw at the MN Opera production of "Anna Bolena" (Italianized version of the name Anne Boleyn). For those not familiar with who Anne Boleyn was, she was the second wife of the British king Henry VIII, mother of Queen Elizabeth I, and beheaded on trumped up charges but really because she couldn't produce a male heir. Very beautiful opera, and seeing as how her story was so sad in real life, you can believe that the opera was a tear jerker. Haha the man sitting next to me (who I think had come with his wife) kept nodding off, and distracting me - but this was a good thing for me, because it prevented me from releasing the full water works ^_^

This particular dress was worn by the woman playing Jane Seymour (third wife of Henry VIII). While all the dresses were beautiful, this one was particularly striking to me: she had red hair, with a green hair piece, a lavender dress, and fur sleeves.

Also, it's Thanksgiving week here in the United States! I'm very thankful for the opportunity I got this year to expand my artistic skills and pursue a new path in my life :) I hope everyone has a nice holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment