Translate

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Organizing and Regency



Starting in late August, I began to teach myself how to use Photoshop (PS5) using books, blogs, and experimenting. It has been a challenging, but fun, journey so far. I've skimmed only one-third of the two textbooks that I bought, so in no way am I through learning all I can from them... but creating will always be dynamic!

I'm spending this week organizing. I've been trying to come up with cheap, effective ways to keep my canvases and sketchbooks organized. The additional challenge is to come up with a way that also deters the cats...

In the meantime, I got a chance to draw the above girl in an empire/regency era dress. I was pretty pleased with the speed I was able to render it (1.5 hours)! Just a month ago, my speed was slower because it took a lot of time to apply the brand new techniques I'd just read about, on top of the time it took to repeatedly look things up to make sure I was getting it right. That being said, I can't wait to learn more new stuff :D

No comments:

Post a Comment